In a hurry? You can make this with store-bought pound cake (or angel food cake, which is lower in calories) and get this gorgeous Summer Berry Trifle ready in about 20 minutes.
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 (6-ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- 1 (6-ounce) container fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Grade B
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 shallot
- 2 1/2 heavy cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with the sugar in a large bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir the jam and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar in a cold bowl and beat with an electric mixer to stiff peaks.
- To assemble the trifle, form a layer of the pound cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. (Cut slices of cake into strips to make them fit in a single even layer). Brush the cake lightly with some of the jam mixture. Spoon one-third of the berries on the cake; top with about a third of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers two more times with the remaining pound cake and fruit. For the final whipped cream layer, spoon a decorative mound in 4-inch diameter in the center.
- Decorating Cakeboss Turntable
Other recipes you might like