Turn this wonderful savory dinner into the world’s most flavorful chicken salad for lunch. Remove leftover chicken from the bone (discard the skin) and cut in 1/2-inch pieces. Combine with chopped celery, carrots, red onion and just enough light mayonnaise to moisten. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve between slices of hearty whole grain bread.
- 1 tbsp deli-sliced ham
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp apricots
- 1/2 tsp water
- 4-5 pound cut up whole chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, basil, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over the chicken. Place chicken on a large baking sheet with a shallow rim.
- Bake chicken until lightly browned and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh registers 165°F. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might like