This is the classic soda fountain burger gone wild: we “beefed” up the usual thin patty into a fat, juicy burger to make it a carnivore’s fantasy come true.
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp drained capers chopped
- feta cheese
- American or cheddar cheese
- hamburger rolls
- beefsteak tomato slices about 1/4-inch thick
- thin Vidalia or other sweet onion slices
- cooked bacon
- bread and butter pickle chips
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and capers in a small bowl; set aside.
- For the burgers gently form the beef into four patties about 1/2 inch thick with a slight depression in the center to help for even cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn the burgers, top each with a slice of cheese and cook 4 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking time cover the pan to help melt the cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Place roll bottoms onto each of 4 plates. Top each with a tomato slice, onion slice, patty, 1 1/2 bacon slices and 4 pickle chips. Spread the cut side of the top half of each roll with the dressing and set atop the burger.
Other recipes you might like